outta my comfort-zone.......
today milo and i started Music Together class. i had noooooo idea what i was in for!!! a week before class the teacher gave me a CD to listen to in the car with milo. It's a CD of the different songs that we will be singing in class......AND BOY DO WE SING THEM!!!!! so we go in this morning and when it started out i was trying to encourage milo by singing along softly and making his hands tap the bongo drum. the teacher told me to just let milo do his thing and for me to really let loose and get into it and by doing that it would encourage milo. SO I DID! laaaaaa laaaaaaa la la la la! lol! it really was the best thing. the look on his face when he saw the moms and teachers singing and clapping was priceless. milo was such a free little spirit getting into what we were doing and then also freely expressing himself anyway he chose. it was so cute. it was uncomfortable for me at first and a little embarrassing but the results were amazing. the teacher is our neighbor and she is so into child development and music and the benefits of teaching music to children. it's really cool that milo is already familiar with her from walking around our neighborhood. as awkward as it was i'm totally looking forward to class next week..... it was sooooo fun!
1 comment:
K your mom told me about the class and I was cracking up as I totally pictured it in my head. I'd love to get Autumn into something like that. It bums me out that I have to work for a living and miss out on a lot of that kind of stuff...I try to make up for it by listening to the Grateful Dead channel on Sirius on the weekends as I clean and dance around the house and Autumn crawls around behind me, periodically sitting up to clap and do a little dance of her own. She has her own little bongo that lights up when she plays it, but she's still more interested in mine. She's definitely going to be a musical child!
Post a Comment